Sunday 4 February 2018

CGDI Prog BMW Reviews

Reviews form CGDI BMW owners, talking about what works and what doesn’t
So far I tried
Cas 2 – E60 2005 lost key – Obd – not working ( no option to program from dump)
Cas 3+ E87 2008 spare key – eeprom dump – ok



F10 – key from dump – OK
F10 LCI – key from dump and isn from working key – OK
F10 LCI – key from dump and isn from DDE – OK
E60 LCI – downgrade CAS3+ and key via OBD – OK


I just got the CGDI for BMW based on reading good reviews for their Mercedes tool. Have not seen much info for the BMW tool so I thought Id give a quick run down from my experience so far with the tool.
For making keys it has worked great. I have made about 7 keys so far all CAS types except CAS4.
I tried to read ISN on 3 cars and failed. I think it may only read ISN from MSV80/85 ecu’s. Will try on the MSV80 soon and will update. All done by OBD.
I have BMWExplorer and have used Autohex as well, but if you only need to program keys and your not concerned with ISN for DME swaps, I would buy the CGDI before those tools.
Its supposed to do ISN but the advertising wording can be misleading. It may only be able to read ISN of 2 types of DME. So far thats how its looking. Will contact my vendor to verify and see if there is an update preventing ISN reads.
For the money its worth it just to be able to program the CAS3 keys. It works super fast literally less than 2 minutes beginning to end. Faster than BMWExplorer for sure. I have yet to successfully do FEM key with Explorer so as far as Im concerned it has the same key programming capability as the CGDI.

More CGDI Prog BMW Test Reports:

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Convert LT20 Smart Key by Lonsdor K518 Pro?

 Here obdexpress.co.uk shares a simple method to convert LT20 smart key with Lonsdor K518 Pro Key Programmer - by detecting original key....