Friday, 10 August 2018

How to make Part D (C3) work with Xentry XDOS 07.2018?

Hi dear friends,…..which version of Xentry Diagnostic Openshell do you use for your Par D C3? what about the latest and best/populous version used for C3? Here are tips and guides for you, including possibility of a way to make working C3 mux with the latest Xentry XDOS 07/2018 (with old vehicle naturally)?


If there is any chance it will work, first thing is to play with toolkit.ini

It will be in c:\program files\Mercedes-Benz\SDconnect Toolkit\bin\toolkit.ini or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mercedes-Benz\SDconnect Toolkit\bin\toolkit.ini

There will be a line that says UseComPorts=
Here add the port number you wish to use.


Also there will be another line that says SkipComPorts=all
Change this to ;SkipComPorts=all
in detail…
Original line=
SkipComPorts=all

Modified line=
;SkipComPorts=all

Adding ; at beginning of line means that this line is to be ignored.


Hopefully this should mean SDnetControl will detect your interface.

However I have no idea if this still works, I have a feeling Xentry won’t work, and I can’t say if DAS will work.

I’m guessing it should work with HHT if you have it installed on a 32 bit system


But note that since 2016-01 part D is replace with part Z (bosch vci). so if you want to use C3, you have to use old driver.
i suggest use xentry xp/xdos up to 12/2015 and the most famous and favorite is 09/2014.

Honestly, 09/2014 is the best version for C3.. anything after that you have to do too many fixes to get it fully working..

I managed to get Xentry 05/2016 to work with my PartD aka C3. It’s just a fun project because you still can’t work on cars 2009/2010 and up that require Xentry.

Xentry 5/2016 is the last version as I indicated above that will work with a PartD.

It is not work with new cars another speed of CAN.

Btw, if you have offline coding, 11/2012 is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Unlock Ford BOSCH MD1CP006 with OBDSTAR ECU Master via Boot?

 This guide covers the procedure for unlocking, reading, and writing locked Bosch MD1 CP006 engine control units found on Ford F-250 and F-...